Monday 26 October 2009

me,myself and i.

I go to bed every night
took for granted tomorrow awake I will be.
I open my eyes clear with sight,
I hear with ease, I breathe freely.
Everything in life that keeps me alive,
to face my new day's so-called challenge,
I take it like it rightly belongs to me,
That it is owed by the heavens.
I fight for myself to live 'better',
Chase luxury, enjoy fine material,
And i suddenly realise
I have never stopped to wonder.

Have I ever stop to wonder,
For those who fight the daily real battles.
For those who wake up to white cold walls,
To needles and beeping machines on 24-hr call.
For those who woke up to the suffering,
To the pain, the jabs, the vomitting.
For those who fight for their lives, for that extra day of one,
Just to stay alive for their dad, their mum, their daughter, their son.
For those who do not stop to pity themselves, for they have no time,
For those who do not resent life, for life is what they are fighting to find.
For those who could not smell, could not hear, could not see,
For those who could not taste, could not swallow, could not breathe easy.

If i am fighting what i see
As life's battle in my daily world,
Then these people are fighting death's battle,
For a life so dear.
Should we stop to think and pray for them and,
for once, not just think for me,myself and i.

No comments:

Post a Comment